SOWITEC is one of the largest developers for renewable energy projects worldwide. Find out more about our vision and values, our history and the people behind the company!
The future of energy is renewable!
SOWITEC is dedicated to transforming the world’s energy supply and to make clean and affordable energy available to all. At SOWITEC, we take pride in developing highly competitive projects that not only focus on technical and economic superiority, but also on the potential social and environmental benefits. With a presence in 14 countries and a team of over 140 professionals, SOWITEC is now one of the leading global players in renewable energy.
HistoryPast, present, future 03
Gerd and Frank Hummel found
the company SOWITEC
builds Southern Germany’s first wind farm
to the whole country
Over 50 Wind Turbines installed in Germany
Market Entry in Brazil
Uruguay & France
Market Entry in Uruguay, Argentina & France
Chile & Peru
Market entry in Chile & Peru
Market Entry in Mexico
Market Entry in Russia
Market Entry in Colombia
Wind Park Brazil
SOWITEC’s first international Wind Park
enters into operation in Brazil
500 MW in
Market Entry in Saudi-Arabia & Kazakhstan
Market Entry in Thailand
1000 MW in
Market Entry in Kenia
Market Entry in Vietnam
Issuance of a bond 2018/2023
2.000 MW IN OPERATION
880 MW in operation in Mexico
900 MW in operation in Brazil
Vestas acquires minority stake
25,1% of SOWITEC group GmbH
Sowitec's first solar farm enters in operation in Brazil
Zambia and Zimbabwe
Market Entry (Joint Venture)
Market exit Vietnam
Sale of all activities
3.000 MW in operation
1.600 MW in Brazil
- Engineering degree in air and space technology
- Started his professional career at EnBW
- In 1994 Frank founded SOWITEC
- In 1995 he commissioned the first wind farm in southern Germany
- Since then he built SOWITEC into one of the global leading renewable energy developers
Run as an independent family company,
SOWITEC is driven by remarkable entrepreneurship of its founder and owner Frank Hummel. The board members cumulate over a century of successful experience in renewable energy ventures and business administration and are deeply involved in the daily business of all subsidiaries.
- Engineering degree in automation engineering
- Started his professional career at EISENMANN
- In 1990 he founded H&W, a company developing software for the automation of manufacturing systems
- In 1994 he supported Frank Hummel in the development of SOWITEC’s first wind farm
- In 2008 he sold his shares in his company and joined SOWITEC as the CDO
- Engineering degree in industrial handling technics and thermodynamics
- Started his professional career at BOREL
- From 1996 on Thomas founded multiple start-ups in the renewable energy sector
- In 2002 in founded eoltec, an OEM of small wind turbines
- Thomas established SOWITEC’s first subsidiaries in LatAm and later joined the Board as CBDO, now CSO
- Engineering degree in textile technology management
- Started his career at Schill & Seilacher
- As the head of application engineering department, he was responsible for the global after sales service
- In 2001 Harald joined SOWITEC, managing and supervising the construction of SOWITEC’s first wind farm outside of Baden-Württemberg
- Since 2008 he is SOWITEC’s COO and managing director of various subsidiaries
Compliance and Values05
Environmental, social and governance compliance are an integral part of SOWITEC's professionalism and essential to our brand. The projects are developed from the outset with special care to follow the best environmental, ethical and social practices so as to comply with Equator Principles and IFC standards. We understand that exceptional results and high standards of compliance are mutually reinforcing. Performance with integrity, a key principle of SOWITEC's strategy, leads to sustainable growth and prosperity for both the communities surrounding the projects and SOWITEC.
Welcome to the Ethical Communication channel of SOWITEC.
This is a channel to communicate, with knowledge or with a well-founded suspicion of, non-compliance with SOWITEC’s Code of Conduct, Compliance Rules for Third Parties, internal policies, rules, current laws and regulations that apply to.
The communication reported here may be made in an identified or anonymous way. The communication received is treated confidentially.
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- In the following online Ethical Communication, you can leave your message: Click here
You are passionate about a sustainable future? You want to invest your personality, your knowledge and skills in something that is worthwhile, in a company that has shown it is successful? Welcome to SOWITEC!
With over 140 employees working on the development of renewable energy projects in 14 countries, we are among the leading developers worldwide. As a dynamic company in a booming, exciting, but also challenging environment, we are setting our objectives high and depend on our employees as our most important resource to implement these objectives.
SOWITEC operates on five continents and covers the complete spectrum of project development and commercialization services. We are always looking for qualified staff to join our team. Discover our opportunities or be proactive and send us your unsolicited application and your resumé!