Project Developer – SOWITEC South Africa (m/f/d)
Location: Cape Town
Employment Type: Full Time
SOWITEC is one of the leading companies for developing, financing, marketing, building and managing renewable energy projects worldwide.
With its main office in Sonnenbühl, Germany and more than 200 employees worldwide, SOWITEC covers all areas of wind and solar power development: Planning and design including wind measurements and calculations of energy yields and wind farm profitability, project construction management, sales and financing as well as technical and commercial management of operating wind farms. Additional business areas include the registration of CDM projects and the commercialisation of CO2-certificates and electricity yields.
For our new subsidiary in Cape Town, South Africa we are looking for a
Project Developer (m/f/d)
- Development of wind energy projects
- Attend and manage the entire development process from greenfield until construction
- Support identification, assessment and selection of potential wind energy sites
- Securing of land rights
- Negotiate with landowners, communities and government authorities of all levels
- Maintaining all key relationships with third party stakeholders, particularly local authorities
- Project documentation
- Project budgeting and reporting of expenses
- Depending on background additional tasks (e.g. electrical / civil engineering)
- University degree in electrical, civil or mechanical engineering, agronomy or related field
- Minimum one year working experience in a related activity (ideally experience in land securing)
- Ideally knowledge about South Africa’s renewable energy sector and frame conditions
- Ideally knowledge of South African land acquisition processes
- Good negotiation skills
- Good communication skills and a confident manner with different types of stakeholders
- Good IT skills (MS Office, ideally GIS)
- Excellent command of English; additional indigenous languages are beneficial
- Good planning and organization skills
- Disposition to travel on an on-going basis
- Full driving license
- Results oriented and persistent
- Team worker
- Work under pressure and towards achievements
We offer you a challenging, self-dependent and developable position in a future-oriented company with the possibility to work with an experienced and motivated team of specialists in Germany, Latin America, African and Asian Markets.
Please provide your full application including details on your salary expectations and earliest possible start date to.
+49 7128 3808 503