International Business Developer
Location: Vila Madalena, São Paulo, Brazil
Employment Type: Full Time
SOWITEC is one of the leading companies for developing, financing, building and operating renewable energy projects across Latin America, Germany, Russia, Kazakhstan, Thailand, Vietnam and Saudi Arabia. With its head office in Sonnenbühl, Germany and more than 200 employees worldwide, SOWITEC is a truly vertically integrated solution provider covering all areas of wind and solar project realization and operation: site assessment, community engagement, planning and design, licensing and interconnection, OEM and EPC contracting, financial structuring, EPC and operations management as well as the complete CDM value chain and corresponding commercialization of certificates. SOWITEC's success is based upon the combination of long-term experience, technical and commercial excellence, a strong partner network and unique local capacities. These distinct features, as well as the recent entry as shareholder of SOWITEC of the leading sustainable energy solutions global partner Vestas provide the foundation for future ventures. For further information, please visit our website: www.sowitec.com.
Description of the position:
The Business Developer will be a key member of the global Business Development team leading the technical and financial review of the development of wind and solar projects, defining the strategy of development and commercialization of such projects to bring them to the construction stage, taking active role in the negotiations and execution of the agreements with the investors required for co-development joint ventures, acquisitions and disposals of those projects, in the different markets of the SOWITEC Group.
- Developed sense of judgment, process mapping, risk management skills and ability to balance business needs, regulatory obligations and reputational risks in an objective, practical way;
- Demonstrated ability to both grasp the "big picture” and attend to details;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects and transactions efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced business environment and drive complex transactions to completion;
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills;
- Self-starter with an accountable working style;
- Experience in development and/or construction of wind or solar utility scale projects is a plus;
- Relevant international experience;
- Minimum of 3 years of working experience in similar role;
- Master of Engineering or Science;
- Fluent English. Proficient in Portuguese and Spanish;
- Ability to travel approximately 30%.
Please send your CV in English by e-mail indicating in the title: “BD-Business Developer application”.”.