Financial Modeling Analyst
Location: Vila Madalena, São Paulo, SP, Brazil
Employment Type: Full Time
The SOWITEC Group is currently looking for a full-time Financial Modeling Analyst to join its global business development team based in São Paulo, Brazil.
SOWITEC is one of the leading companies for developing, financing, building and operating renewable energy projects across Latin America, Germany, Russia, Kenya, Kazakhstan, Thailand, Vietnam, Saudi Arabia, Zambia and Zimbabwe. With its head office in Sonnenbühl, Germany and more than 200 employees worldwide, SOWITEC is a truly vertically integrated solution provider covering all areas of wind and solar project realization and operation: site assessment, community engagement, planning and design, licensing and interconnection, OEM and EPC contracting, financial structuring, EPC and operations management as well as the complete CDM value chain and corresponding commercialization of certificates. SOWITEC's success is based upon the combination of long-term experience, technical and commercial excellence, a strong partner network and unique local capacities. These distinct features, as well as the recent entry as shareholder of SOWITEC of the leading sustainable energy solutions global partner Vestas provide the foundation for future ventures. For further information, please visit our website: www.sowitec.com.
Description of the position:
The Financial Modeling Analyst will be a key member of the global Business Development team, and will focus on valuation to make investment decisions for early stage projects (operational side focus), valuation for asset sale and purchase, critical analysis of financial model inputs that will impact valuation (incl. sanity check) and assets valuation for balance sheet (incl. impairment work), in the different markets of the SOWITEC Group.
- Proficiency in English and Portuguese is a requirement, any other language (Spanish, German, others) highly valued / Command of English language at a professional level is a must and will be assessed (both written and spoken);
- Knowledge of business growth strategy, risk/return characteristics of renewable energy investment/opportunities (both wind or solar);
- Previous transaction experience on either the buy or sell side;
- Knowledge about accounting, finance & project valuation;
- Identify key financial and non-financial risks, recommending actions for mitigation of those risks.;
- Deep understanding of accounting concepts and investment appraisal techniques like NPV, DCF, IRR, Multiples;
- Global taxation perspective;
- Excellent excel skills and extensive financial modelling experience;
- Developing new transaction models and enhancing the existing models;
- Ability to create complex financial models from scratch (Excel based + VBA macro enabled);
- Ensure accurate modelling of renewable energy project or portfolio of projects;
- Apply appropriate sensitivity and scenario analysis to support investment actions;
- Conduct scenario analyses based on macro and micro factors that will help in accessing risk;
- Recommend and implement process for improvements in budgeting, controlling and forecasting activities;
- Promptly update as/when required financial models and follow up on corporate actions.
Other General Requirements:
- Previous work experience of between 2 and 4 years, preferably in the renewable energy sector;
- Top academic performer and strong analytical skills;
- Thriving with responsibility and displaying high attention to detail;
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Clear, concise writing skills;
- Excellent presentation drafting skills in word and power point.
Location: Vila Madalena, São Paulo, SP, Brazil.
Starting date: Position already available.
Salary and benefits: To be discussed.
Contact: Please send your CV in English by e-mail indicating in the title: “BD- Financial Modeling Analyst”.