Master’s student / Intern Power-to-X projects
Location: Sonnenbühl, Germany
Employment Type: Full Time
SOWITEC group is one of the leading companies for developing, financing, marketing, building and managing renewable energy projects worldwide.
With its main office in Sonnenbühl, Germany and more than 200 employees worldwide, SOWITEC covers all areas of wind and solar power development, including: calculating wind / solar energy yields and farm profitability, project construction management, sales and financing as well as technical and commercial management of operating farms. Additional business areas include the registration of CDM projects and the commercialisation of CO2-certificates and electricity yields.
We are looking for a Master’s student / Intern to study the profitability of one or two of the Power-to-X projects that we are currently evaluating (with the possibility of writing his/her master’s thesis).
- Establish the material and energy balance of the Power-to-X plant (simulating chemical processes is not required, but you should have an idea of chemical reaction thermodynamics such as reaction rates, extent of reactions, activation energy, etc. to be able to communicate with the chemical plant providers)
- Evaluate different wind/solar/grid energy ratios to find the lowest levelized cost of energy and accordingly the lowest levelized cost of the target e-chemicals.
- Perform sensitivity and scenario analysis of the energy and chemical cost to the technology used, feedstock prices, and financial parameters.
- Research possible off takers of the e-chemicals in the project site / country / region.
- Master´s Student in process / chemical / petroleum engineering or similar discipline
- Knowledge in financial modelling, engineering economics, project economics and financing, microeconomics, process synergy, and thermodynamics.
Please provide your full application to the contact specified on the right.
+49 7128 3808-40