Commercial / M&A Lawyer
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Employment Type: Full Time
SOWITEC is one of the leading companies for developing, financing, building and operating renewable energy projects across Latin America, Germany, Russia, Kazakhstan, Thailand, Vietnam and Saudi Arabia. With its head office in Sonnenbühl, Germany and more than 200 employees worldwide, SOWITEC is a truly vertically integrated solution provider covering all areas of wind and solar project realization and operation: site assessment, community engagement, planning and design, licensing and interconnection, OEM and EPC contracting, financial structuring, EPC and operations management as well as the complete CDM value chain and corresponding commercialization of certificates. SOWITEC's success is based upon the combination of long-term experience, technical and commercial excellence, a strong partner network and unique local capacities. These distinct features, as well as the recent entry as shareholder of SOWITEC of the leading sustainable energy solutions global partner Vestas provide the foundation for future ventures. For further information, please visit our website: www.sowitec.com.
Description of the position:
The Commercial / M&A Lawyer will be a key member of the global Business Development team taking active role in the negotiation, drafting and execution of the agreements required for co-development joint ventures, and, acquisitions and disposals of wind and solar projects and their associated special purpose vehicles in the different markets of the SOWITEC Group. The Commercial / M&A Lawyer might also get involved in the negotiation, drafting and execution of the agreements required for financing, construction and operation of such wind and solar projects.
- Developed sense of judgment, risk management skills and ability to balance business needs, regulatory obligations and reputational risks in an objective, practical way; demonstrated ability to both grasp the "big picture” and attend to details;
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple transactions efficiently and effectively in a fast-paced business environment and drive complex transactions to completion;
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions transactions, substantial drafting experience, be able to lead closings and handle diligence for deals;
- Highly effective written and verbal communications skills; ability to communicate and relate at all levels of the organization;
- Self-starter with an accountable working style;
- Relevant international experience is a plus;
- Fluent English. Proficiency in Portuguese and Spanish is a plus;
- Ability to travel approximately 30%.
Please send your CV in English by e-mail indicating in the title: “BD-M&A Lawyer application”.